The website is in maintenance until the 30th so you may experience some issues/bugs.

Welcome to Arma Roleplay

Register now to gain access to all of our features and to see more of our forum sections.

Sign in to follow this  
BLitZ Melborn

Arma-roleplay New Map

Vote the new Arma-roleplay map   37 members have voted

  1. 1. Maps:

    • Map 1
      19
    • Map 2
      12
    • Map 3
      3
    • Map 4
      4
    • Other
      4
    • Keep the current map
      6

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
52 posts in this topic

========================================================================================================================

Introduction:

It's as it says in the title. It's come to the point now where others and myself included are wanting something different. We have had huge changes in the development side of things,

thanks to the amazing developers, but it's not enough. I feel that the Lakeside map that we have at this current time is boring and is un-optimised which is turning a lot of people away from our community.

This is why I am suggesting that we change the current Lakeside map to a newer version / change map all together.

========================================================================================================================

Why do we need this change?

- The current Lakeside map isn't unique enough to entice players onto the server.

- The current map is un-optimised and poorly made causing horrific lag spikes and low FPS.

- The current Lakeside map is boring to play on as it's original and has been used to much.  

========================================================================================================================

What can we change to?

There are many options out there that are available for the taking. This means that when choosing a new map there is endless possibility.

This is why it is important that you either suggest maps to change to or agree with the maps that I provide.

- Map 1 (Modern version of Lakeside): https://goo.gl/6nBUAV

- Map 2 (Seaside county): https://goo.gl/8ikNQX

- Map 3 (Tanoa): https://goo.gl/95a5To

- Map 4 (Taunus): https://goo.gl/RvXU2X

========================================================================================================================

Edited by BLitZ Melborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hoxton said:

Last time we switched maps the population hit zero...

Was just thinking that.

 

I Wouldn't suggest changing maps. I'd strongly advise going to a new version/modern version of lakeside if anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wizz said:

Was just thinking that.

 

I Wouldn't suggest changing maps. I'd strongly advise going to a new version/modern version of lakeside if anything.

I personally would like to see the modern map added which is map1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hoxton said:

Last time we switched maps the population hit zero...

Maybe not change from Lakeside. Just upgrade it to the modern version.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive always like Erie. Seaside looks nice and compact which is always good. Both Tanoa and Taunus are just way too big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving away from Lakeside valley would actually tear the community apart, for the sole reason of renaming everything and transferring everything.

LVPD - Lakeside Valley Police Department would have to change everything in regards to naming and misc.

LVES(U) - ^ Same

Literally the whole server would have to be re-developed to fit the new map (Or at least it would take a while to convert). We can't throw the things that are there now onto a new map, that's just how scripts and such work.

Of course it could breathe some life into the server to get a new map, but there is also a chance it could kill it. A new map would be amazing in my opinion, but it might not be to others.

2 minutes ago, Hoxton said:

Emita Arma 3

No. For the love of god, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoxton said:

Emita Arma 3

So I actually played on an Emita Arma 3 server back in the summer and fall while it was good it felt slightly outdated and not a whole lot of variation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, I'm on a fishing trip at Kelly's island right now. I think Kelly's island is a great candidate for a new map. We can do a lot with it considering the source files are released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CMC. Smith said:

Funny, I'm on a fishing trip at Kelly's island right now. I think Kelly's island is a great candidate for a new map. We can do a lot with it considering the source files are released.

I've heard about that place. That could be awesome. @BLitZ Melborn put it on the poll ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alsing said:

I've heard about that place. That could be awesome. @BLitZ Melborn put it on the poll ;)

Seaside County is the remake of Kelly's. we could very easily remake it our selfs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alsing said:

Moving away from Lakeside valley would actually tear the community apart, for the sole reason of renaming everything and transferring everything.

LVPD - Lakeside Valley Police Department would have to change everything in regards to naming and misc.

LVES(U) - ^ Same

Literally the whole server would have to be re-developed to fit the new map (Or at least it would take a while to convert). We can't throw the things that are there now onto a new map, that's just how scripts and such work.

Of course it could breathe some life into the server to get a new map, but there is also a chance it could kill it. A new map would be amazing in my opinion, but it might not be to others.

No. For the love of god, no.

I 100% with you on everything you have said which is why in my personal opinion the map should be upgraded to the new modern one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BLitZ Melborn said:

I 100% with you on everything you have said which is why in my personal opinion the map should be upgraded to the new modern one.

 

The upgraded map is not use able for our community. It is the metropolis map developed by PKE and only limited servers use it. With PKEs permission of course. 

 

My personal opinion, keep lakeside while developing Kelly's island, allowing LVESU and LSPD works on their side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CMC. Smith said:

 

The upgraded map is not use able for our community. It is the metropolis map developed by PKE and only limited servers use it. With PKEs permission of course. 

 

My personal opinion, keep lakeside while developing Kelly's island, allowing LVESU and LSPD works on their side.

I believe it said somewhere that you are allowed to get into contact with them and ask for permission. Speak to @Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CMC. Smith said:

 

The upgraded map is not use able for our community. It is the metropolis map developed by PKE and only limited servers use it. With PKEs permission of course. 

 

My personal opinion, keep lakeside while developing Kelly's island, allowing LVESU and LSPD works on their side.

idk if a secondary test/Dev server would be possible if we were to switch to kelleys island ar something else in the "near" future, but it would be cool.

Lakeside is overused and to be completely honest, actually quite trash. We need a new map, there is only so much you can do with Lakeside, and i think we've done that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BLitZ Melborn said:

I believe it said somewhere that you are allowed to get into contact with them and ask for permission. Speak to @Alex

My take on it, no use in using something you gotta ask for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we switch to Emita like @Hoxton suggested then it would bring back alot of the old ILG / ILL players, because i remeber alot of them saying they would come back if we made Arma 3 Emita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Robin said:

If we switch to Emita like @Hoxton suggested then it would bring back alot of the old ILG / ILL players, because i remeber alot of them saying they would come back if we made Arma 3 Emita.

Oh you mean the 3 players that were left? Nah dude, probably not happening...

Edited by Alsing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-06-22 at 6:52 PM, Alsing said:

Moving away from Lakeside valley would actually tear the community apart, for the sole reason of renaming everything and transferring everything.

LVPD - Lakeside Valley Police Department would have to change everything in regards to naming and misc.

LVES(U) - ^ Same

Literally the whole server would have to be re-developed to fit the new map (Or at least it would take a while to convert). We can't throw the things that are there now onto a new map, that's just how scripts and such work.

Of course it could breathe some life into the server to get a new map, but there is also a chance it could kill it. A new map would be amazing in my opinion, but it might not be to others.

No. For the love of god, no.

aye its dead anyways if lakeside was good the server would be full

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My case for SeaSide (aka Kelly's Island)

The only thought I have is that lakeside is a huge map (noting that there are only a few popular areas) and that we are a medium sized community with fluctuating population. I feel that with a map like sea side or something of the sort it would increase population by allowing the concentration of activity on the map to be greater. 

I understand why this would be difficult to implement (dev wise) I believe it would dramatically stabilize the population on the server b/c more people would be able to have more entertainment due to the concentration of activity on the map. 

I am open to discussion on this topic, but I personally believe a smaller map would help the community grow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tyler Johnson said:

My case for SeaSide (aka Kelly's Island)

The only thought I have is that lakeside is a huge map (noting that there are only a few popular areas) and that we are a medium sized community with fluctuating population. I feel that with a map like sea side or something of the sort it would increase population by allowing the concentration of activity on the map to be greater. 

I understand why this would be difficult to implement (dev wise) I believe it would dramatically stabilize the population on the server b/c more people would be able to have more entertainment due to the concentration of activity on the map. 

I am open to discussion on this topic, but I personally believe a smaller map would help the community grow.

 

I Agree Lakeside is a WAY Big map for our population, if we switched to seaside their will be alot more entertainment, and most likely the effect would be that the server will grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this