The website is in maintenance until the 30th so you may experience some issues/bugs.

Welcome to Arma Roleplay

Register now to gain access to all of our features and to see more of our forum sections.

Sign in to follow this  
Alsing

Change panic button key

When i'm getting shot at, I don't have time to reach for the Delete key on the other side of the keyboard, nor do I have time to lift my hand from my mouse to reach for the key.

Therefore I propose that the panic button key gets changed to the tilde key on your keyboard. It's easy to reach in an emergency, and it's not something that you accidentaly press all the time.

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_375180737_preview.jpg.83543a2c98e4c9ee8379b6afee137b7a.jpg

I dont agree as most people will adapt to this, as I have. I have also, along side many people, got hotkeys already bound to that key.

Isn't the panic button also bound to the infistar delete key? because I've seen enough buildings disappearing in a firefight.

Just now, Brendan said:

Isn't the panic button also bound to the infistar delete key? because I've seen enough buildings disappearing in a firefight.

Yes, that too.

So the way i see it is that one of the hotkeys need to be moved, Either the Infistar Delete key or the Panic button.

2 minutes ago, Brendan said:

So the way i see it is that one of the hotkeys need to be moved, Either the Infistar Delete key or the Panic button.

Infistar hotkeys can't be edited (Ellis' words)

LOL yeah it's also bound to the infistar delete....

I have deleted my own car where I was hiding behind during a shootout because I pressed the "panic button" ....

Also kind of annoying staff constantly needs to say "Disregard panic" when we're trying to delete a helicopter crash or something

2 hours ago, Alsing said:

When i'm getting shot at, I don't have time to reach for the Delete key on the other side of the keyboard, nor do I have time to lift my hand from my mouse to reach for the key.

Therefore I propose that the panic button key gets changed to the tilde key on your keyboard. It's easy to reach in an emergency, and it's not something that you accidentaly press all the time.

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_375180737_preview.jpg.83543a2c98e4c9ee8379b6afee137b7a.jpg

I'd say I definitely accidentally hit the tilde more than the delete. finger is never near the delete key, but im pressing 1 and tab all the time. Tilde is easier to press tho imo, my w finger can get there pretty easily. I do have an issue with delete being infistar delete lmao. Maybe another key like f1? easy for finger to find because first key in series. Idk if it has infistar importance though.

10 hours ago, Daeron said:

LOL yeah it's also bound to the infistar delete....

I have deleted my own car where I was hiding behind during a shootout because I pressed the "panic button" ....

Also kind of annoying staff constantly needs to say "Disregard panic" when we're trying to delete a helicopter crash or something

+1, at least you didn't delete the bridge that goes to doc when requesting backup.