NEW TEAMSPEAK 3 IP: 104.160.164.10 or ts3.arma-roleplay.net

Jester

New Maps, New Rules, New Developers

Questionaire  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a donation page for developers to reward our developers for their hard work and even get new devs on the team?

• Yes
    • No(please state why if you say no)
  2. 2. Would you like to see Arma 2 Emita back on Arma 3?

• Yes
    • No

Jester    29

Hello All,

I wanted to start a Poll today just to see everyones opinions on the matter(i understand that this poll may end with an empty hand and nothing come of it but it's just a starter to see what people think).

So to start off i've spoken to a few members of the community which have been here from the start and they would love to see Arma 2 Emita on arma 3 with the same rules so therefore i would like to see if many people would wish for this to come back(ovbiously we can change some rules or even keep the rules we have now for Emita).

Secondly i know both are known developers Mark and Smith must have a hard time taking on all our demands, therefore i say we should reach an agreement where players can not only donate towards the community but to our developers and ones we may have in the future(this is increase the amount of people who will dev for the server and give them a rewards for helping out in there sparetime). Obviously i know noone will pay for them to have a yearly salary but if people put a donation of £2 in it will help out the devs. I have spoken to a few members of the community which will put money towards our devs and new developers.

Edited by Jester

Scream    70

There really is no reason why we SHOULDN'T have a dev donor page. I really think they are the ones who should be rewarded the most for the success of the server. I will say I absolutely love Emita, and would really enjoy it see a comeback. It worked for so long on ArmA 2, with really better success, much better success we have EVER seen for ArmaRoleplay. I would be satisfied with a map that is smaller, so I am happy with the introduction of Kelleys Island as a possibility by @Ellis. There is no reason to have such a large map for a playerbase of ~20 players. The large maps makes police and civilians alike not care to check the drug dealers, the drug areas, and the gang cap points just because of the extreme drive involved between these areas. It's best to just stay in the main city of lakeside because it has the most concentration of players. I believe that would get much more evenly distributed if we got a smaller map.

Edited by Scream

Alsing    226
40 minutes ago, Scream said:

I will say I absolutely love Emita, and would really enjoy it see a comeback. It worked for so long on ArmA 2, with really better success, much better success we have EVER seen for ArmaRoleplay. I would be satisfied with a map that is smaller, so I am happy with the introduction of Kelleys Island as a possibility by @Ellis. There is no reason to have such a large map for a playerbase of ~20 players. The large maps makes police and civilians alike not care to check the drug dealers, the drug areas, and the gang cap points just because of the extreme drive involved between these areas. It's best to just stay in the main city of lakeside because it has the most concentration of players. I believe that would get much more evenly distributed if we got a smaller map.

Finally someone gets it :D

Let me just add that Emita is EVEN smaller than Kelley's and might even be too small for arma 3 and all the activities in it.

EDIT: They're the same size...

Edited by Alsing

Scream    70

I will also say that I really liked old rules, but obviously we are attempting to mesh a little better with these other Arma 3 communities. The rules are really not up to us, and are about where the CO's want to go in terms of community identity.

Wizz    81

To be honest, i would love arma 2 to be ported to arma 3, i.e the same stuff we had in arma 2, gang hideouts, hunting range, pistol shop, tuning store, just port it arma 3 and it would be a charm :P

Friewulf    273

To be fair to give an incentive to our Dev team to get things fixed and add new things (not that they dont already do enough) is a great idea, it will draw new folk in with the skills and knowledge of developing the server.

However the idea of going back to emita but on A3 no way no how, when the A3 server was announced it was a chance for the community to leave behind the old A2 Emita Life behind and start a fresh, yes we have had our ups and downs but going back to emita will hammer the final nail in the Coffin for the Community as a whole we need something new something fresh a map no one is using or has used in the past, the initial idea of Kelleys Island however a great looking small map was used alot and people lost interest, i have been scouring places like Armaholic and the workshop and have seen a few maps that we could possibly use they may need abit of work but its just and idea to put out there other than heading back to Emita.

Manalo Islands - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27397

Nabbi Islands - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27470

New York City, USA - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27470

Santa Catalina Island - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29035

All of the Above could add new things to the server for example Lifeguards (EMS), Coastguards (Police), bringing new life and something new for the Community.

I hope my input here get the Community searching for additions to make your stay at AR a good and enjoyable one.

Wizz    81
1 hour ago, Scream said:

I will also say that I really liked old rules, but obviously we are attempting to mesh a little better with these other Arma 3 communities. The rules are really not up to us, and are about where the CO's want to go in terms of community identity.

I Agree totally with the old rules, some will have to stay the same and be implemented back into Emita if we switch to it again. I'm pretty sure almost most of us miss the old Emita map as that is were we originally started our journey. No idea how the police force would work but i have a few suggestions. 

Steve    59

I absolutely loved the rules in Arma 2, they were so laid back and easy to remember... They were so limited and made everybody happy, it were to be the only three main rules that came up in help cases (1. RDM, 2. VDM, 3. Fail Roleplay) It was quite legendary on how many people actually got issued warnings/bans with the "Light-Roleplay" scenario. So fuck yes, I believe the old Arma 2 rules should come back into play, from my perspective it would help the player base because people wouldn't feel as though if they fuck up in the slightest situations they are gonna get a ban. In my opinion, all this "Serious Roleplay" shit has ruined whatever we had in arma 2.

But hey, who am I to be saying this? LET THE COMMUNITY VOTE.

Friewulf    273
4 minutes ago, Wizz said:

I Agree totally with the old rules, some will have to stay the same and be implemented back into Emita if we switch to it again. I'm pretty sure almost most of us miss the old Emita map as that is were we originally started our journey. No idea how the police force would work but i have a few suggestions. 

Nah again as i said the Community is done with Emita we need something fresh something new the minute we head back to Emita and drop back to the 'Old' Rules is the day the Community can kiss 'Roleplay done properly' goodbye and the whole point of becoming this revitalised Roleplay Community, we need to leave Emita in the past mark it up as the good 'ol times and move on when we do that and commit ourselves to a new map and new chapter and make it better than Emita was in terms of Roleplay and in terms of Gameplay then we can look back and say 'yeah Emita was good but we are in a better place now than we was on Emita'

Friewulf    273
4 minutes ago, Steve said:

It was quite legendary on how many people actually got issued warnings/bans with the "Light-Roleplay" scenario. So fuck yes, I believe the old Arma 2 rules should come back into play, from my perspective it would help the player base because people wouldn't feel as though if they fuck up in the slightest situations they are gonna get a ban.

Sorry where have you been since the A3 server has been up the only people that recieve bans are the retards that deserve them, and A2 yeah never saw many bans but i would say that the level of warnings that was issued out was pretty much on par with the warnings issued on the A3 server, 'Light Roleplay' it was more like a Deathmatch server with Rules that if you knew how you could bend as far back as you would like and repeat the process, this whole lets go back to Emita thing is getting old like Emita, and then to Glorify the lack of rules aswell just goes to show that this Community is doomed to fail, so yeah go back to the Old times, whilst other thriving Communities are going with new toys, maps, scripts, we shall be going back to Island Life Liberation but on A3.

CMC. Smith    162

I think that if we used Emita again, it would just result in old members coming back and treating it like the old rules and such. Arma 2 is completely different from Arma 3 and should be treated as that. I will not support a change to Emita, that is my own opinion.

As for your other suggestions, I can't really give my input. lol

Friewulf    273
10 minutes ago, CMC. Smith said:

I think that if we used Emita again, it would just result in old members coming back and treating it like the old rules and such. Arma 2 is completely different from Arma 3 and should be treated as that. I will not support a change to Emita, that is my own opinion.

Finally someone see sense, all this time i thought it was just me.

Brendan    111

I would love if we simply ported arma 2 over to arma 3 because i loved to just mess around and have fun without breaking RP and stuff, Also a very large majority of this communities members came from the Arma 2 OA days and we would also get old members that played back in the Arma 2 OA days. The light RP was that thing that made ILL/ILG different from a lot of other communities that i tested.

Also Emita is a smaller map and that would cause a lot more player interaction and even if the server Population is low you can still interact with then due too the map size. (you don't need to drive around looking for someone for 30mins.).

Brendan    111
38 minutes ago, Steve said:

I absolutely loved the rules in Arma 2, they were so laid back and easy to remember... They were so limited and made everybody happy, it were to be the only three main rules that came up in help cases (1. RDM, 2. VDM, 3. Fail Roleplay) It was quite legendary on how many people actually got issued warnings/bans with the "Light-Roleplay" scenario. So fuck yes, I believe the old Arma 2 rules should come back into play, from my perspective it would help the player base because people wouldn't feel as though if they fuck up in the slightest situations they are gonna get a ban. In my opinion, all this "Serious Roleplay" shit has ruined whatever we had in arma 2.

But hey, who am I to be saying this? LET THE COMMUNITY VOTE.

Nice too see i'm not the only person that has the same view with rules and the gameplay.

Brendan    111
27 minutes ago, CMC. Smith said:

I think that if we used Emita again, it would just result in old members coming back and treating it like the old rules and such.

But if they would come back that would result in a steady player-base instead of being dead 75% of the time and also to me it seems like more people would jump on due to the map size is a lot smaller.

It was also mention if we would implement the A2 rules so people that came back could treat it like they did and it would be fine.

CMC. Smith    162
5 minutes ago, Brendan said:

But if they would come back that would result in a steady player-base instead of being dead 75% of the time and also to me it seems like more people would jump on due to the map size is a lot smaller.

It was also mention if we would implement the A2 rules so people that came back could treat it like they did and it would be fine.

If we switch back, we should just rebrand back to ILL because all that changed would be Arma 2 to Arma 3. Makes no sense. I for one would not be sticking around if we went back to the old ways. 

The reasons we switched to Arma 3 was for Arma 2 dieing, not just the game, but the mods for it as well. We switched to Arma 3 to make RP, not upgrade game engines. 

Edited by CMC. Smith

Scream    70
48 minutes ago, Friewulf said:

Nah again as i said the Community is done with Emita we need something fresh something new the minute we head back to Emita and drop back to the 'Old' Rules is the day the Community can kiss 'Roleplay done properly' goodbye and the whole point of becoming this revitalised Roleplay Community, we need to leave Emita in the past mark it up as the good 'ol times and move on when we do that and commit ourselves to a new map and new chapter and make it better than Emita was in terms of Roleplay and in terms of Gameplay then we can look back and say 'yeah Emita was good but we are in a better place now than we was on Emita'

"Roleplay Done Properly" is properly bullshit as far as i'm concerned right now. People don't understand the simplistics of roleplay, such as not mentioning out of game shit. If a community can't even handle the simple rules of rp then why is there any point in focusing on these large scale things like gang initiation, president, or large scale gangs/police forces? Admins do this shit. "Is that initiation?" "I'M TAKING YOU TO GODS" "THATS AGAINST GODS WILL". Talking in side chat about non adverts, and just neglecting roleplay. I would say we should be a whitelisted community, but sadly we don't even have the players to do so.

Edited by Scream

Scream    70
36 minutes ago, CMC. Smith said:

That's why we have 26 support team members from nearly every timezone...

Alsing    226
17 minutes ago, Scream said:

"Roleplay Done Properly" is properly bullshit as far as i'm concerned right now. People don't understand the simplistics of roleplay, such as not mentioning out of game shit. If a community can't even handle the simple rules of rp then why is there any point in focusing on these large scale things like gang initiation, president, or large scale gangs/police forces? Admins do this shit. "Is that initiation?" "I'M TAKING YOU TO GODS" "THATS AGAINST GODS WILL". Talking in side chat about non adverts, and just neglecting roleplay. I would say we should be a whitelisted community, but sadly we don't even have the players to do so.

Some people just don't get the thing with not mentioning staff and things out of game, especially in-game. And yes, even I've been guilty of doing that in the past. But the issue is also that nowhere does it state that you can't say shit like that in-game. Honestly, rules have to be made so that a 8 year old understands them.

Whitelisted, completely agreed. I would say that any whitelisted community, probably ever, has better roleplay than any non-whitelisted community. Many people only search for whitelisted communities because of the sheer better roleplay. It is simply just better in whitelisted servers, because people have to spend time on joining which makes them want to stay, and follow rules and engage more into the community in general.

Chat should be disabled overall, there is no reason to have it at all. Adverts could be done so much better, such as bringing up your phone/tablet and then going to a menu called adverts. You type in your message and it shows up in orange (in normal chat) for the whole server for a fee of $20,000-$50,000 or more - There would be a max character limit and price could eventually change based on word or character count. I don't know if that would be possible but it would be pretty cool to have...

Scream    70
22 minutes ago, Alsing said:

Some people just don't get the thing with not mentioning staff and things out of game, especially in-game. And yes, even I've been guilty of doing that in the past. But the issue is also that nowhere does it state that you can't say shit like that in-game. Honestly, rules have to be made so that a 8 year old understands them.

Whitelisted, completely agreed. I would say that any whitelisted community, probably ever, has better roleplay than any non-whitelisted community. Many people only search for whitelisted communities because of the sheer better roleplay. It is simply just better in whitelisted servers, because people have to spend time on joining which makes them want to stay, and follow rules and engage more into the community in general.

Chat should be disabled overall, there is no reason to have it at all. Adverts could be done so much better, such as bringing up your phone/tablet and then going to a menu called adverts. You type in your message and it shows up in orange (in normal chat) for the whole server for a fee of $20,000-$50,000 or more - There would be a max character limit and price could eventually change based on word or character count. I don't know if that would be possible but it would be pretty cool to have...

it IS a rule though. we "expect" a high quality roleplay. but the thing is, if you report these things, you are labeled a dickhead. its the community mindset, not the rules, that are at fault.

Friewulf    273

The reason no one RPs anymore Scream (and your a big one for this) is that you are still stuck in your old ways on ILL A2 Emita, this isnt the same Community it was back then, if i might suggest you go tag along with the ESU guys they know how to RP and now they are manning the DOC gate they have brought RP there aswell its a shame that people like to break rules (something you have been known to do in the past) because of your mindset being on the 'Old' rules that is whats wrong with the Community, that is whats wrong with the server  to many people wishing and hoping that if they cry enough they will get to go back to Emita face it its dead if the Community wants to thrive heres what we as the 'Community' need to do:

• Stop this #BringBackEmita
  • Find a new unused map something to draw new players in
  • Welcome the new players as appose to rob them all the time (you wasnt even robbed this much in Emita)
  • Have decent well thought out Events, not the same repetitiveness
  • have more to do as a Civ
  • Monthly Stat wipes (everyone has like 10 mil and all they do is fucking rob, kill, and drive the Server Population away)

Alsing    226
2 minutes ago, Friewulf said:
  • Have decent well thought out Events, not the same repetitiveness

Duly Noted.

Jay Holmes    39
9 minutes ago, Friewulf said:

• Monthly Stat wipes (everyone has like 10 mil and all they do is fucking rob, kill, and drive the Server Population away)

+1 For this.