Updates coming daily, see all changelogs here.

Hoxton

Concerns about emita

Luck    79
1 hour ago, DaJackal said:

You have to look at this objectively; eventually we will have a CID department. Which will focus on stuff like this and more, if you restrict access to an area by rules then that will in turn affect what is to become a nice addition to the police. I do not think an entire area should be locked off, as that then does become rule-play. I would say persistently lurking in and around the gang area to be an issue, but not driving through. (If the gang areas are at all like they were used for in Arma 2). This also then gives you an incentive to hide the drugs instead of placing them smack-right in the middle of Roseyard.

In regards to the video, was this ever actually reported to either his department command or internal affairs? Because I'm seeing nothing in regards to this situation,

That's wat I meant these cops were not driving through they were hiding behind trees near the area and stopping every car leaving. This video is not meant to call out I am just showing how myself and multiple other players who go on as civ get stopped all the time had I wanted to call out someone I would have made a thread dedicated to calling them out

Edited by Luck

Friewulf    94
9 minutes ago, Luck said:

To prove my point this was one incident that I filmed

It's alright posting this bit how old is this video I do believe alot has changed to the way we police since the time of this recording including drug\gang areas, if you want to fire up a valid recent video to be used to fight your case (Christ I think I was DOC captain or still Sgt for the lakeside valley patrol, that's how old this video is)

DaJackal    96
8 minutes ago, Luck said:

That's wat I meant these cops were not driving through they were hiding behind trees near the area and stopping every car leaving

I understand your concern and it is valid, but my question was; did you report this situation to either his department command or internal affairs. It also looks like this is quite early on into the server in which people were still getting used to how things work, I was probably still OOHR Captain at the time of when this guy was a Senior Ofc.

Edited by DaJackal

Luck    79
1 minute ago, Friewulf said:

It's alright posting this bit how old is this video I do believe alot has changed to the way we police since the time of this recording including drug\gang areas, if you want to fire up a valid recent video to be used to fight your case (Christ I think I was DOC captain or still Sgt for the lakeside valley patrol, that's how old this video is)

The video is a bit more than a month old(take into account that the server has been inactive for a bit) and in my experience it has not changed from the last time I was on. I get that you will want to defend PD and thats fine but it won't change the fact that police officers are still camping around areas when theres 2 civs on and 8 of them

Luck    79
1 minute ago, DaJackal said:

I understand your concern and it is valid, but my question was; did you report this situation to either his department command or internal affairs. It also looks like this is quite early on into the server in which people were still getting used to how things work, I was probably still OOHR Captain at the time of when this guy was a Senior Ofc.

I spoke to a higher ranking officer at the station right after this incident, he condoned it saying we have to take measures to ensure civs are not leaving known drug areas with drugs

DaJackal    96
9 minutes ago, Luck said:

I spoke to a higher ranking officer at the station right after this incident, he condoned it saying we have to take measures to ensure civs are not leaving known drug areas with drugs

Alright,

If this was the case then I apologize, however in future if you are unsatisfied with the judgement a supervising officer, go higher. In response to your message to Friewulf; we are not trying to defend the Police specifically even if you do see a pretty tag under our names, we personally just do not want the whole 'Ruleplay' becoming a thing again as it was on Arma 2. 

Edited by DaJackal
  • Upvote 1

Regarding the possibility of a forced civ/cop ratio and the issue of overall balance,

This server has been having an identity crisis since it switched to Arma 3. There are so many conflicting views not only with the possibilities being suggested, but also the systems that were already in place when the server had a decent player base. As posted about within this topic it seems the intention is to encourage role play not ruleplay and this seems to be agreed upon universally within the community, however it is difficult to understand why cops have to carry around fully modded AR-15's on normal traffic duty if this was an actual roleplay server. This wasn't without cause though as gangs somehow had/have access to dirt cheap assault rifles and military grade attachments(Just remember when a certain gang had access to a nightstalker). The biggest problem preventing this from being fixed was the division and formation of both the cop and gang "factions" and that neither were willing to broker a deal in-terms of balancing. This ultimately led to people only playing cop or only playing civ and sticking with their respective "faction". Overall before we even begin discussing whether we implement a forced ratio we need to recognize the problem at hand and i don't think that a forced ratio will fix the underlying flaw in the system. To fix this issue we need to have a reconsidering of what direction the server will go. We can either have Arma 2 style ruleplay where the gangs run with military equipment and every single cop camps drug area and every single traffic stop is a shootout; Or we can go down the route where mostly pistols are carried by police officers with some having rifles in trunks other than SWAT and other special divisions and where gangs mostly have access to pistols,Automatic Pistols, some SMG's, and very few rifles. Overall WE CANNOT HAVE BOTH PLAYSTYLES because both cannot coexist and only lead to hurt the community as a whole in the long run.

Many of the things I mentioned may have already decided in terms of policy, however I felt the need to throw my two cents in before we get into any other arguments about this

Edited by Drake Levants
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jay Holmes    25
7 hours ago, Drake Levants said:

Regarding the possibility of a forced civ/cop ratio and the issue of overall balance,

This server has been having an identity crisis since it switched to Arma 3. There are so many conflicting views not only with the possibilities being suggested, but also the systems that were already in place when the server had a decent player base. As posted about within this topic it seems the intention is to encourage role play not ruleplay and this seems to be agreed upon universally within the community, however it is difficult to understand why cops have to carry around fully modded AR-15's on normal traffic duty if this was an actual roleplay server. This wasn't without cause though as gangs somehow had/have access to dirt cheap assault rifles and military grade attachments(Just remember when a certain gang had access to a nightstalker). The biggest problem preventing this from being fixed was the division and formation of both the cop and gang "factions" and that neither were willing to broker a deal in-terms of balancing. This ultimately led to people only playing cop or only playing civ and sticking with their respective "faction". Overall before we even begin discussing whether we implement a forced ratio we need to recognize the problem at hand and i don't think that a forced ratio will fix the underlying flaw in the system. To fix this issue we need to have a reconsidering of what direction the server will go. We can either have Arma 2 style ruleplay where the gangs run with military equipment and every single cop camps drug area and every single traffic stop is a shootout; Or we can go down the route where mostly pistols are carried by police officers with some having rifles in trunks other than SWAT and other special divisions and where gangs mostly have access to pistols,Automatic Pistols, some SMG's, and very few rifles. Overall WE CANNOT HAVE BOTH PLAYSTYLES because both cannot coexist and only lead to hurt the community as a whole in the long run.

Many of the things I mentioned may have already decided in terms of policy, however I felt the need to throw my two cents in before we get into any other arguments about this

I Can see your point here but i personally believe that all officers should be made to carry their rifle in their trunk unless it is code red (then they can carry on their persons), I also agree with your point that they should only carry pistols on a regular traffic stop in code green, but there is flaws in that plan, What happens when 70 guys with AR's pop out of the 1 seat race car with AR-15's and the officers AR is in his trunk, Bit unfair dont you think? anyway rant over - My 2 Cents. (Hope to see you all at the airport to leave very soon :P)

Brendan    94
25 minutes ago, Jay Holmes said:

I Can see your point here but i personally believe that all officers should be made to carry their rifle in their trunk unless it is code red (then they can carry on their persons), I also agree with your point that they should only carry pistols on a regular traffic stop in code green, but there is flaws in that plan, What happens when 70 guys with AR's pop out of the 1 seat race car with AR-15's and the officers AR is in his trunk, Bit unfair dont you think? anyway rant over - My 2 Cents. (Hope to see you all at the airport to leave very soon :P)

Would be a nice feature to the server but wouldn't work.

DaJackal    96

We are willing to deal with any balancing issues should they require it.

I will try my best to explain my own standpoint here; This idea could work and would certainly ensure there is some balance between the average player, that is not in a gang and doesn't have access to the equipment gangs get. Though, this would also require the gang-shops to be dropped down a level in terms of gear. Remember, the majority of police you will come across will have level 1 armour and have a pistol readily-available should this suggestion be implemented. As a quick side note, state police will also be getting their own regular vests either at release or soon after. Gangs on the other hand, would typically out-number the average patrol vehicle they come across and have the advantage in terms of equipment also; having level 3 armour + helmets alongside rifles.

It's a complex thing to work out and get right, especially since we do not actually know for sure how the current system will work with Emita.

Edited by DaJackal

Jay Holmes    25
21 minutes ago, DaJackal said:

We are willing to deal with any balancing issues should they require it.

I will try my best to explain my own standpoint here; This idea could work and would certainly ensure there is some balance between the average player, that is not in a gang and doesn't have access to the equipment gangs get. Though, this would also require the gang-shops to be dropped down a level in terms of gear. Remember, the majority of police you will come across will have level 1 armour and have a pistol readily-available should this suggestion be implemented. As a quick side note, state police will also be getting their own regular vests either at release or soon after. Gangs on the other hand, would typically out-number the average patrol vehicle they come across and have the advantage in terms of equipment also; having level 3 armour + helmets alongside rifles.

It's a complex thing to work out and get right, especially since we do not actually know for sure how the current system will work with Emita.

I was trying to explain this xD, It wouldn't work as the average patrol is 1-2 People. With gangs in a car with like 7-8 members with AR's I dont think this would work unfortunately. 

Maybe something to look at a few weeks after launch, once everyone is settled.

AJackson    2
17 minutes ago, Jay Holmes said:

I was trying to explain this xD, It wouldn't work as the average patrol is 1-2 People. With gangs in a car with like 7-8 members with AR's I dont think this would work unfortunately. 

Maybe something to look at a few weeks after launch, once everyone is settled.

this would be a good idea and i think it would work well :)

2 hours ago, Jay Holmes said:

Well thats why i mentioned that through some means we need to disarm both the gangs and reguiar PD if we want to maintain a more realistic server which would allow for roleplay. Some ways to do this would be removing most rifles and attachments while leaving very few at extreme costs. In my view gangs should mostly be using pistols,Automatic Pistols, some SMG's, and very few rifles that are extremely expensive.

Edited by Drake Levants

Jay Holmes    25
4 minutes ago, Drake Levants said:

Well thats why i mentioned in my post that through some means we need to disarm both the gangs and reguiar PD if we want to maintain a more realistic server which would allow for roleplay. Some ways to do this would be removing most rifles and attachments while leaving very few at extreme costs. In my view gangs should mostly be using pistols,Automatic Pistols, some SMG's, and very few rifles that are extremely expensive.

i like this but i also think that the pd should also have restrictions such as during code green rifles need to be in bags (in clothing) or in the trunk.

10 minutes ago, Jay Holmes said:

i like this but i also think that the pd should also have restrictions such as during code green rifles need to be in bags (in clothing) or in the trunk.

I did also say that rifles should rarely be carried and they should by carried in trunks other than special departments such as SWAT. They should not be fully modded AR's either and should only be openly carried in a situation that needs or it is code red.

Edited by Drake Levants
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Drake Levants said:

I did also say that rifles should rarely be carried and they should by carried in trunks other than special departments such as SWAT. They should not be fully modded AR's either and should only be openly carried in a situation that needs or it is code red.

This is a good idea, as in real life I always see the AR's in the officers car, and not on him during a traffic stop.

Brendan    94
59 minutes ago, Sam Tatoe said:

Will money be reset every week like Arma 2?

From what I heard no, but they were looking into a reset but an unknown amount of time between each wipe.

Brendan    94
On 8/4/2017 at 7:52 PM, Drake Levants said:

Sounds good doesn't work.

On 03/08/2017 at 7:32 PM, Luck said:

To prove my point this was one incident that I filmed

I was actually the officer that ordered Rodwell to search you. Now you should have been explained on scene that you were stopped and searched for exiting a known drug dealer which we watched you drive into and out of from the air. 

Luck    79
2 hours ago, BLitZ Melborn said:

I was actually the officer that ordered Rodwell to search you. Now you should have been explained on scene that you were stopped and searched for exiting a known drug dealer which we watched you drive into and out of from the air. 

Farmer's market is a known drug dealer since when?