NEW TEAMSPEAK 3 IP: 104.160.164.10 or ts3.arma-roleplay.net

Sign in to follow this  
Jerry Johnson

Where are the players at m8?

Luck    158
2 minutes ago, Jerry Johnson said:

Server was down to 0 people .. it had a decent ammount like 1-2 weeks ago

I stopped playing because of a job offer others left because of issues with PD and certain gangs

Edited by Luck
  • Like 1

I think the main reason everyone left was the lack of roleplay. There has been to many shootouts recently. Alot of people also started acting the way the should not (ingame and on forums). I have faith in the playerbase coming back when things get sorted out. Keep in mind that alot of things are still in change and only for the better.

• Like 1

Luck    158
7 hours ago, Hoxton said:

Everyone go's back to school, college and uni in the UK this week so its more time based now

If you look at servers that have a big playerbase(roughly the size we had before this massive leave) they are populated year round because ppl just get home from school and hop on. I doubt school would have such a big effect on a community this big a leave is more likely due to things like Hammond mentionned. 

On a more personal note hows back to school in North Korea?

• Funny 1

Ellis    521
6 hours ago, Luck said:

If you look at servers that have a big playerbase(roughly the size we had before this massive leave) they are populated year round because ppl just get home from school and hop on. I doubt school would have such a big effect on a community this big a leave is more likely due to things like Hammond mentionned. 

On a more personal note hows back to school in North Korea?

Although you'd be surprised, I'm not trying to be naive as I know there are a few good reasons why things are a bit low right now, such as what McMullen said - we're in actually in the process of switching hosts with very well proven DDoS protection, obviously at a substantial cost though. 

Anyways, our community is largely British players, along with US players, our player current hit a sudden drop at the start of this week (ref gametracker), which just so happens to be the start of a school week for many people. When we were on Lakeside, we hit huge peak figures compared to what we had on average during Easter, but as soon as the Sunday before school begins again came around, we dropped from the 55 peak to 25, then a full week later things rose again.

Again, I know that we're being attacked, I know a random competitor appeared and we are aware of the complaints we have received about our server - we're working on solving the issues.

I guess we'll have to see, but we have many plans in place, all very far from shutting down the website, selling the domain and not purchasing a server box. 

One thing is for certain, we aren't cowards nor are we criminals, so we will not be returning the favour to those DDoSing us.

• Like 6

Alsing    226
8 minutes ago, Ellis said:

One thing is for certain, we aren't cowards nor are we criminals, so we will not be returning the favour to those DDoSing us.

Well said 10/10

Leo    108
1 hour ago, John McMullen said:

Real reason is because of the new Emita Server that has come out. Hence why this keeps getting dossed...

Everything is possible, but I don't think we should point fingers. The community that you're talking about doesn't have a server yet either, so I don't know why they'd attack us.

John McMullen    156
30 minutes ago, Leo said:

Everything is possible, but I don't think we should point fingers. The community that you're talking about doesn't have a server yet either, so I don't know why they'd attack us.

Because its people from ALRP lol

Luck    158
On 12/09/2017 at 6:58 AM, Ellis said:

Although you'd be surprised, I'm not trying to be naive as I know there are a few good reasons why things are a bit low right now, such as what McMullen said - we're in actually in the process of switching hosts with very well proven DDoS protection, obviously at a substantial cost though. 

Anyways, our community is largely British players, along with US players, our player current hit a sudden drop at the start of this week (ref gametracker), which just so happens to be the start of a school week for many people. When we were on Lakeside, we hit huge peak figures compared to what we had on average during Easter, but as soon as the Sunday before school begins again came around, we dropped from the 55 peak to 25, then a full week later things rose again.

*Disclaimer* Sorry for sounding like an asshole but at least someone on this website has to start speaking the truth

Today is a Saturday meaning no school, this is a screenshot taken today of a full community(keep in mind even on the first day of school they looked like this and if I had Scrolled down there would be more players )  https://gyazo.com/15cc7e10b3f3957363c34cbd4445b5a1

And this is us on a Saturday https://gyazo.com/9c5849cb5ca4c9192b644e1c42268505

To me its a clear cut why the community isn't doing well and its because of the numerous issues ruining player experience, we are aware of them but chose to do nothing. I've tried multiple times to contact higher ups to get them to fix things with the server a specific example was ESU , I even messaged someone pretty high up(you know who you are) about the issues with it but nothing was ever done and for the next 2 months 1 ESU got on(for about 1-2 hours a day and sometimes he didnt come on at all). "Ok but thats just ESU its not an important faction" ok if thats the general consensus well why don't we take a look at the civs, the server has literally turned into a giant gang controlled map, that is in no way RP, I have been on hardcore RP servers(which AR claims to be) and they do not have the issues we have here where all civs want to do is take a cop hostage. When I was on Citylife they made guns and the required licencing expensive and money hard to get so people would have to work hard to get a gun and once they did they'd use it wisely to avoid losing it, another good thing about that server is they did not have NLR so eventually civs would go to jail for their crimes no matter how long ago it was (and there was no cap on jailtime, ppl literally went to jail for 48 hours at times not saying to do that but 150 minutes is too low). To some this whole system seems stupid but this actually encourages proper RP when the penalty is high both in terms of jail time and financially people are less likely to shoot at and take cops hostage more frequently than they take a breath. Finally the punishment system has to be stricter (Had the Longs been on a server like Citylife they would have been permabanned the next day, I don't get why its a 6 hour ban here). 

So this is me once again trying to fix the community I did my part by suggesting this its up to staff to implement it, if this community dies out no one will ever be able to say I didn't try cuz thats the one thing I did.

Edited by Luck
  • Like 6

Special Echo    27
1 hour ago, Luck said:

Ok but thats just ESU its not an important faction

Not an important faction this isnt wast land its rp and the last i checked ESU is one of best and most important factions when it comes to rp. Can you live in real life without the medical service there to help you when you need it.

Edited by Special Echo
  • Like 1

Luck    158
17 minutes ago, Special Echo said:

Not an important faction this isnt wast land its rp and the last i checked ESU is one of best and most important factions when it comes to rp. Can you live in real life without the medical service there to help you when you need it.

I said that as an anticipation to what people would say when I brought up ESU Maybe I should have put quotation marks around. If I didn't find ESU important I would never have been part of it and for significant portion of time the only active member nor would I have tried to fix it (I left because of how much of a mess it became but I am not saying its unimportant). 

DaJackal    143

Can't be fucked arguing this anymore; I hope the issues are solved and the population returns to what it was, though that is looking unlikely given the responses from certain people.

Edited by DaJackal
  • Like 3

Luck    158
1 hour ago, DaJackal said:

Can't be fucked arguing this anymore; I hope the issues are solved and the population returns to what it was, though that is looking unlikely given the responses from certain people.

As mentioned before I'm being honest here, there are plenty of other RP servers out there and if ppl don't like it here they'll go elsewhere get comfortable and not want to come back even if things eventually get fixed. I have been on multiple other servers where staff are not as lenient with people clearly abusing the system (AND ANYONE READING THIS KNOWS WHICH GANG IM TALKING ABOUT) and let me say they've survived much longer. For example someone who disconnects their internet to inconspicuously combat log would have faced much harsher punishment. Here ,I  had proved to the staff that a certain player had gone for extended periods with no internet issues and those issues just "magically" started when he was arrested and on top of that proving that it was not the first time these "internet issues" happened at such convenient moment. Well, the staff moved the two of us down to problem solved and then poked me with "I know he's lying but there isn't much I can do". Well things like this get frustrating, you are playing the game fairly only for someone else to ruin it for you because of rule breaking. The issue at hand here isn't about people not getting banned its about ppl not learning their lesson. Ok they forgot about the rule once thats fine, but it can't keep happening over and over again and staff can't keep turning a blind eye to "Keep the playerbase" especially when its a clear case of abuse. @DaJackal these issues won't solve themselves unless staff start actively taking action and in my 100% honest opinion people won't just come back, in my personal experience when I first left this community back on Arma 2, coming back was never part of the plan I just did it because a friend who was a member of staff at the time was practically begging me to come back. Now I am leaving for a job contract and I doubt their will be anything left to come back to in 8 months when I return. 

Luck    158

One more thing, whenever a thread got critical of the Longs, the fact that staff chose to lock it instead of addressing the problem was what caused players to feel gang Bias. There have been complaints we players know that much but whether staff was dealing with them or not well didn't seem like they were doing much. In case I have not made myself clear enough allow me to illustrate. The photo below shows what most players feel is happening

Untitled.png

• Like 1

Ellis    521

You're being heard Luck, perhaps wait for the announcements upcoming and then make a comment on our solutions. Your points aren't far fetched and many speak truths, we're hopeful the changes will be for the better.

• Like 4