NEW TEAMSPEAK 3 IP: 104.160.164.10 or ts3.arma-roleplay.net

Sign in to follow this  
Alsing

New DOC

Alsing    226

152a289523889ba49bd1934daf69f471.jpg

233bda1e35bc81dbe1b0229207a230f1.jpg

Aiming for a more open design on internals, more yard space and better navigation.

48249cfe4c5384ce69f915a906087067.jpg

Evidence locker has been moved to the back for better cover and protection.

Now uses better fences in some places.

Helipad in a better place instead of the roof.

More lighting.

Better and more distanced walls to prevent glitching.

-

Feel free to give feedback.

Edited by Alsing
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Love 3

Looks good, bar the lack of the "airlock" system. The doors to the cells in the building on the left of the first image are out into the initial courtyard. My preference would be for them to be behind another layer of gates, like in the current DOC.

Alsing    226
1 minute ago, Alex said:

I like building complex however, there are too many gates for DOC staff to manage. 

One on each 2 gates

31 minutes ago, Darwin Cried said:

Is there still the possibility of people glitching to die.

Yes, the toilets are still there, but the walls are more distanced so now people can't go through them.

41 minutes ago, Tristan Walsh said:

Looks good, bar the lack of the "airlock" system. The doors to the cells in the building on the left of the first image are out into the initial courtyard. My preference would be for them to be behind another layer of gates, like in the current DOC.

I was working on this, but the fact is that i've been focusing a lot more on walking inside DOC instead of bringing vehicles inside. There is a parking lot.

The current airlock system only serves as wasted time, it doesn't prevent someone from breaking in anymore than this does.

• Like 1

Alsing    226
6 minutes ago, BLitZ Melborn said:

A lot better. I think the helipad needs to be looked over again as I can see many PD crashing their helis xD

Then they're not aviation trained :D

I'll see what I can do to make space :) 

+1. 

I like it, it looks nice and if it is functional it would be nice to have (not saying the current one is not functional) I do like how it has less doors (even though that degrades security) over all it is nice.

Edited by Blake Martinez
forgot to add something lel
  • Like 1

Stryker    12

Civilians are able to open the front gates without a keycard (in my experience). Needs to have a second or third set of gates (like current DOC) to prevent civilians from gaining access to the whole facility by entering one gate.

Alsing    226
35 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Civilians are able to open the front gates without a keycard (in my experience). Needs to have a second or third set of gates (like current DOC) to prevent civilians from gaining access to the whole facility by entering one gate.

It does.

Stryker    12
1 hour ago, Alsing said:

It does.

It has multiple different gates past the initial gate. This means more failure points, and thus, and easier way into the facility. I recommend that you should include at least one vehicle gate in your design. There's also the fact that civilians can open the gate and drive right up to the "front door." If the front gates are breached, and all officers defending the initial area are incapacitated, opening up the doors connected to the initial area in your design lets the civilians have free reign of the facility. There's not really a fallback position included in your design.

Real detention facilities have what's called a Sally Port. Currently, DOC has this incorporated into its design with the two vehicle gates. Your design does not have that included.

Edited by Stryker

Alsing    226
Just now, Stryker said:

It has multiple different gates past the initial gate. This means more failure points, and thus, and easier way into the facility. I recommend that you should include at least one vehicle gate in your design.

Vehicle gates only makes it easier to breach, more people can go through at once.

Remember that this is not a max security prison. It is actually quite the opposite.

22 hours ago, Alsing said:

The current airlock system only serves as wasted time, it doesn't prevent someone from breaking in anymore than this does.

However, it slows down their breach, allowing officers to respond.

• Like 1

Alsing    226
34 minutes ago, Tristan Walsh said:

However, it slows down their breach, allowing officers to respond.

Not any more than a walking gate does.

Jaidan Long    56

Make yard bigger? There is no space for a heli to fit there and the fences are so high you wont even get and option if it hovered above yard. There needs to be a chance for a heli to fit at least.

Edited by Jaidan Long
  • Funny 1